Don’t see your question below? Give us a call at (661) 250-5333 and we’d be happy to chat with you.

What are your hours?

The diversion yard for construction debris/yard waste is open Monday thru Friday from 7:30AM – 4:30PM and Saturday from 7:30AM – 2:00PM. We are closed Sundays.

What is your pricing?

Please see our price list for current rates.

Are you open holidays?

We are closed the following holidays: Labor Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.

What items do you NOT accept?

The below list is an overview of non-recyclable materials. If you’re unsure whether your material falls under one of these categories, feel free to call us at (661) 250-5333 before visiting.
  • Food waste
  • Manure
  • Electronic waste
  • Medical waste
  • Hazardous materials
  • Batteries
  • Used oil
  • Tires

What is the check-in process for yard waste/construction debris?

  • To check in, enter the yard located at 20833 Santa Clara St. and wait in the queue for your turn to drive your vehicle onto the scale (Google Street View).
  • When your vehicle is on the scale, go to the scale house window and speak with the weighmaster on duty. You will be asked to leave a cash or card deposit in exchange for a Weighmaster Certificate documenting your vehicle’s gross weight.

DO NOT LOSE THIS PAPER – it is your ticket to enter the yard and you will be required to return it to the weighmaster after you’ve unloaded your material.

  • After receiving your Weighmaster Certificate, exit the scale and turn left to enter the diversion yard located at 20745 Santa Clara St. (Google Street View).
  • Wait at the stop sign for instruction. The material inspector will tell you where to unload your vehicle/trailer and provide you with a Load Ticket.

NOTE: This is an active construction site. It is imperative that you obey all posted signage for your safety and the safety of others. Violators will be asked to leave.

  • After unloading your material, exit the diversion yard and return to the queue at the scale house to determine your tare or “empty” weight and settle your bill.
  • When your vehicle is on the scale, go to the scale house window and provide the Weighmaster Certificate and Load Ticket to the weighmaster on duty in exchange for your deposit.
  • The weighmaster will calculate your net material weight and tell you the price.
  • Settle your bill and have a nice day!

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes, we accept all major credit cards (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa).

Can I bring my recyclable bottles and cans?

No, we do not have a CRV redemption center. For a list of local recycling locations, visit calrecycle.ca.gov/wheretorecycle.

How is the price of my material calculated?

For yard waste and construction debris, we calculate the cost based on the following:

Net weight in tons x Price per ton = Cost
Ex. 1.74 x $69 = $120

Please note: The minimum charge is $30 for any load under 1 ton*.

  • Net: Weight of material (Gross – Tare = Net)
  • Gross: Weight of your vehicle while full
  • Tare: Weight of your vehicle when empty

*The minimum charge for inert materials (e.g. concrete, dirt, brick) is $35.

Are you open on Sunday?

No, we are closed Sundays.

Can I bring cardboard boxes?

Yes! We accept clean cardboard free of charge. Cardboard must be separated from other non-recyclable items (e.g. packing materials). Check our hours to see drop-off times.

Can I drop-off used tires?

No, we cannot accept tires due to the chemicals in their construction. For information about tire recycling centers in your area, visit the LA County Public Works Waste Tire Recycling information page.

Do you accept old paint cans?

No, we cannot accept paint cans (dry or wet), as they fall under the hazardous waste category. To find drop-off locations and events in your area, go to the LA County Public Works Paint Recycling Program page.

Do you accept large items (e.g. boats, pop-up trailers)?

We accept large items on a case-by-case basis for an additional large item charge. Call our office for more info at (661) 250-5333.

Can I drop-off material in my personal vehicle or do I need a truck and trailer?

Yes, if you have a small amount of material you may enter the yard in your personal vehicle.

PLEASE NOTE: By entering the facility, you are accepting liability for any tire damage to your vehicle. This is an active construction site and we do our best to regularly sweep and maintain the area, but there may be nails and other sharp objects on the ground at times.

Can I bring my dump truck/end dump/roll-off?

We typically accept Class B vehicles, but it’s best to check with the yard manager before to make sure we have room in the yard for you to enter/exit. Call our office at (661) 250-5333 for more info.

Can I mix concrete and brick or do they need to be separated?

Inert materials (e.g. concrete, brick, dirt, asphalt, etc.) may be mixed (e.g. concrete and dirt), as long as material is free of any construction debris such as wood or drywall. If inert material is mixed with construction debris, then there will be an extra labor (XL) charge of $69/ton.


Monday – Friday: 7:30AM – 4:30PM
Saturday: 7:30AM – 2:00PM
Sunday: CLOSED

We are closed the following holidays: Labor Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day


Have a question? You can call us at (661) 250-5333 or check out the frequently asked questions page.


20833 Santa Clara Street
Canyon Country, CA 91351